Below we've compiled a list of the most important skills for a process analyst. We ranked the top skills based on the percentage of process analyst resumes they appeared on. For example, 7.8% of process analyst resumes contained project management as a skill. Let's find out what skills a process analyst actually needs in order to be successful in the workplace.
15 Essential Process Analyst Skills For Your Resume And Career
Here's how project management is used on process analyst resumes:
- Developed operating principles to align project management office strategy with its business partners and real-time tracking capabilities for enterprise resource utilization.
- Project management and expediting of the Pharmacy Rework Process including vendor relations, data/statistical reporting, and documentation of process flows.
- Tasked with project management duties for JetBlue internal learning development applications and employing project management standards into the process.
- Work part-time as an analyst creating statistical information, project management, conversion testing, and developing operational documentation.
- Maintained communications between team and key individuals from administration, nursing, medical staff and project management.
A business process is a group of tasks that are performed by people working in a business to attain a worthy product and to present it to their customers. A business process can also be defined as performing several steps to achieve a certain goal set by a company. Business processes need to set purposeful goals and the outcome of that goal should be clear.
Here's how business process is used on process analyst resumes:
- Managed the end-to-end telephony and data business process and provided quality support by tracking sales order from placement to customer delivery.
- Established policy and defined data governance practices that will launch repeatable, measurable business processes for improving data quality.
- Contributed within small project teams specializing in business process design and related technology systems development for industry leading clients.
- Analyzed and mapped HR business processes identifying automation or revision opportunities and served as project lead to implement solutions.
- Developed a Super user network for the successful implementation of consistent business processes and ultimately the implementation of SAP.
Customer service is the process of offering assistance to all the current and potential customers -- answering questions, fixing problems, and providing excellent service. The main goal of customer service is to build a strong relationship with the customers so that they keep coming back for more business.
Here's how customer service is used on process analyst resumes:
- Gathered user requirements from Sprint Business Customer Service organization and translated business needs into concisely documented system requirements and design.
- Designed and implemented two additional QuickBase databases for departmental customer service needs including satisfaction metrics used by the AVP.
- Provided excellent customer service to a large portfolio of sensitive clients, while maintaining and cultivating professional relationships
- Analyzed information submitted for follow-up from the Customer Service department/others to determine the appropriate course of action.
- Assisted the organization to achieve cost-effective production with increased quality, efficiency and satisfied customer service.
And if you’re looking for a job, here are the five top employers hiring now:
- Citi Jobs (136)
- Northern Trust Jobs (33)
- Mutual of Omaha Jobs (48)
Continuous improvement is an ongoing process of improvement of products, services, and processes with the help of innovative ideas. It is an organized approach that helps an organization to find its weaknesses and improve them.
Here's how continuous improvement is used on process analyst resumes:
- Communicate effectively with management and work closely with other departments* Recommend and drive continuous improvement through analysis and experience.
- Developed, implemented and facilitated employee involvement process including problem solving, continuous improvement and formal team processes.
- Led enterprise continuous improvement projects using quality improvement methodologies, data analysis and team facilitation.
- Facilitated, tracked, assessed and facilitated multiple groups to achieve continuous improvement in quality.
- Directed equipment modifications reinforcing continuous improvement with a focus on ergonomically improving the manufacturing processes.
In Greek alphabets, sigma is the 18th letter that means "to sum up". In statistics, the lower case symbol of sigma is the unit of measurement for standard deviation which is used to assess the variability in a given set of data. While the upper case symbol is for summation notation means to add up all the given numbers in the data set.
Here's how sigma is used on process analyst resumes:
- Trained business leaders on new Six Sigma Outside-In initiative and conducted beta project analysis.
- Mapped an intelligence process from inception to conclusion utilizing Six Sigma methodology.
- Completed two Six Sigma projects related to insurance claim submission procedures - saved a combined $2.87 million in 15 months.
- Apply Lean Six Sigma concepts and quality tools to reduce wastes, eliminate non-value added activities, and improve processes.
- Applied Lean Six Sigma principles to conduct root cause analysis and mapping of current processes and systems.
Here's how data analysis is used on process analyst resumes:
- Managed team of 5 co-located intern resources utilized for business and data analysis activities.
- Developed reports and provided extensive data analysis pertaining to equipment metrics and process performance.
- Utilized data analysis to explain customer and financial implications of billing errors.
- Facilitated quality meetings and performed in-depth data analysis of quality indicators.
- Measure and drive process adherence, system user adoption, and data quality accountability by analyzing large data sets in Excel.
Choose From 10+ Customizable Process Analyst Resume templates
Zippia allows you to choose from different easy-to-use Process Analyst templates, and provides you with expert advice. Using the templates, you can rest assured that the structure and format of your Process Analyst resume is top notch. Choose a template with the colors, fonts & text sizes that are appropriate for your industry.
Ensure compliance means that all the standards that have been set are being maintained. Making sure that all the policies are being followed also assists in ensuring compliance.
Here's how ensure compliance is used on process analyst resumes:
- Review blueprints, engineering data and customer specifications to ensure compliance and accuracy within processes and planning.
- Performed audits to ensure compliance with policies and procedures with Sabanes-Oxley
- Carry out quality audit on processes impacting on product quality and to ensure compliance with corrective actions from previous audits.
- Executed construction audits of new store and remodel projects to ensure compliance to the construction contract and the project agreement.
- Participated in the implementation of new methods and procedures to ensure compliance with rules and regulations in the financial sector.
Here's how sql is used on process analyst resumes:
- Upgraded programs from FoxPro to SQL server to automate and streamline the assumption update process with SQL procedures and DTS packages.
- Write and modify customized financial reports using Oracle's Developer 2000 Reports 2.5, utilizing SQL, SQL*Plus and PL/SQL.
- Validated and executed SQL DML / DDL scripts utilizing various tools such as SQL*Plus and Toad for Oracle and DB2.
- Leveraged knowledge of Oracle RDBMS and SQL to provide the Marketing and Merchandising departments with custom data/reports as needed.
- Managed data recording in database to tally inventory of drugs in warehouse by using MS Access and SQL.
Visio or Microsoft Visio is computer software that allows users to create and draw vector graphics according to their requirements. The program is used to draw flowcharts, org charts, data flow diagrams, process flow diagrams, and modeling diagrams. Visio is also used to draw architectural designs including; building and floor plans, and 3D geographical maps.
Here's how visio is used on process analyst resumes:
- Create Business and System Process flows in MS VISIO 2010 for SAP Functional and technical design documents.
- Performed process analysis using VISIO and Process Charter tools.
- Created detailed process maps using Visio TaskMap per department style guidelines/requirements.
- Documented process flow(s), utilizing Visio for operation sites in PA, VA, and NC.
- Established Training Manuals, Go-to-Market Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and produced process flows through MS Visio.
The operational procedure means the prescriptive documents that describe processes involving several partners. The involved techniques get utilized in defining the related work.
Here's how operational procedures is used on process analyst resumes:
- Interacted with staff to analyze existing operational procedures.
- Prepare and review Standard Operational Procedures.
- Read and analyze Standard Operational Procedures (SOP) to determine obscure content in functional areas for process efficiency.
- Interact with staff in analyzing existing operational procedures and interpreting how client needs can be better met.
- Spearhead collaboration and documentation of standard onboarding and ongoing operational procedures with Finance, Corporate Tax, and Operations.
Here's how process documentation is used on process analyst resumes:
- Conducted quarterly reviews of over 50 procedures to ensure their appropriateness and created new process documentation as necessary.
- Worked with process owners and performers to insure business and accounting procedures were accurately captured with process documentation.
- Created corporate standard for process documentation and web-based platform for its delivery to operations.
- Develop process documentation and technical competency to support any severity one issues and outages.
- Transitioned customer issue escalation process through process documentation and training 4.
Business partners are a group of people working together in a business and are shareholders in the earnings of the company. Business partners are equally responsible for running their company and also share an equal amount of profits made by the company.
Here's how business partners is used on process analyst resumes:
- Manage Relationships between contractors and internal business partners across departments, providing day to day operational support.
- Prepared reports showing expense allocation across business lines targeting areas of concern and recommending corrective action steps.
- Performed batch billing QA testing; coordinated operational readiness reporting for several business lines.
- Facilitated process changes through communication and relationship building with external and internal business partners.
- Interacted with external business partners to obtain sufficient and correct paperwork.
Troubleshooting is the process of analyzing and fixing any kind of problem in a system or a machine. Troubleshooting is the detailed yet quick search in the system for the main source of an issue and solving it.
Here's how troubleshoot is used on process analyst resumes:
- Trained new employees in the Paper Making Lines on computer systems and on call 24/7 to troubleshoot any computer problems.
- Required the ability to troubleshoot failed checks and perform the necessary maintenance to place the equipment back into service.
- Applied extensive knowledge of products and vendors procedures to successfully troubleshoot all aspects of reported problems.
- Led effort to troubleshoot and reconcile an $8 million delinquent vendor account.
- Relied upon resource to research, troubleshoot, and resolve client investigation requests.
Here's how current processes is used on process analyst resumes:
- Facilitated discovery sessions with several departments in information technology to obtain knowledge of current processes and document them.
- Determined customer objectives, analyzed current processes, developed cost-effective production and operational improvements.
- Provide guidance to the Medicare Reconciliation department by improving and streamlining current processes.
- Analyze current processes and revise them to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Meet with leadership and agents throughout the company to create a picture of the current processes and their shortcomings.
Tell us what job you are looking for, we’ll show you what skills employers want. Get Started
The eight most common skills based on
- Project Management, 7.8%
- Business Process, 7.0%
- Customer Service, 6.3%
- Continuous Improvement, 4.6%
- Sigma, 4.0%
- Data Analysis, 3.7%
- Ensure Compliance, 3.2%
- Other Skills, 63.4%
Find which skills are in demand
Jobs With Trending Skills
Process Analyst Jobs You Might Like
High Paying Process Analyst Jobs - $108K and Up
Work From Home Process Analyst Jobs
Entry Level Process Analyst Jobs
Part Time Process Analyst Jobs
No Degree Process Analyst Jobs
Real Examples Of Process Analyst Resumes That Use These Skills
Build a professional process analyst resume in minutes. Browse through our resume examples to identify the best way to word your resume. Then choose from 12+ resume templates to create your process analyst resume.
2018 - Present
2011 - 2018
Oakbrook Terrace, IL
2006 - 2010
Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Master's Degree Business
2010 - 2011
Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Bachelor's Degree Accounting
2003 - 2006
Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Business PartnersDistribution StrategiesISOSpecial ProjectsKaizenOperational ProceduresTo-BePurchase OrdersBusiness SupportProject Management
2011 - Present
(Video) How to Analyze a Business Process: Business Process Modeling Made Easy
2008 - 2011
2006 - 2008
Bachelor's Degree Computer Science
2003 - 2006
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Process Analyst2018 - Present
Process Analyst2017 - 2018
The Home Depot•Atlanta, GA
Account Analyst2007 - 2017
Robert Half International•Atlanta, GA
InternetSubject Matter ExpertsUnixIncomeBusiness ServicesBusiness PartnersBusiness SupportOperational ProceduresTo-BeW-2
Bachelor's Degree Accounting2004 - 2007
Georgia State University•Atlanta, GA
Create My Resume
Build a professional resume in minutes using this template.
List Of Skills To Add To Your Process Analyst Resume
According to recent trends, the most relevant process analyst Resume Keywords for your resume are:
- Project Management
- Business Process
- Customer Service
- Continuous Improvement
- Data Analysis
- Ensure Compliance
- Operational Procedures
- Process Documentation
- Business Partners
- Current Processes
- Process Changes
- Training Materials
- Information Technology
- New Processes
- Key Performance Indicators
- Special Projects
- Regulatory Agencies
- Test Scripts
- Subject Matter Experts
- Analyze Data
- Business Units
- Management System
- User Interface
- Data Integrity
- External Customers
- Company Policies
- Internal Customers
- Process Maps
- Ensure Accuracy
- Internal Audit
Ready To Start Your Process Analyst Resume?
Choose Your Current Work Experience To Start Creating Your Resume
Online Courses For Process Analysts
One of the best ways to acquire the skills needed to be a process analyst is to take an online course. We've identified some online courses from Udemy and Coursera that will help you advance in your career. Since process analysts benefit from having skills like project management, business process, and customer service, we found courses that will help you improve these skills.
BPMN Process Analysis using Microsoft Visio Professional
Business Analyst Guide to Business Process Modelling with BPMN and Microsoft Visio Professional...
Business Analyst: Software Testing Processes & Techniques
Reduce project bugs with repeatable testing processes. Learn to create test cases, scenarios, track defects, & more!...
Operations Management A-Z: Business Processes and Systems
Operations Management: Supply Chain & Business Processes in Industry for Manufacturing and Services Organizations...
Learn how to deliver successful process improvement projects within your organisation...
Leadership, Business Process Improvement, & Process Mapping!
Learn the leadership, communication, and process mapping skills to accelerate your career!...
Introduction to Business Process Modeling
Learn how to analyze, model, and improve your organization's business processes...
Process Flowcharts & Process Mapping - The Advanced Guide
Take your process flowchart and modeling skills to the next level with advanced symbols, concepts, and best practices!...
Process Flowcharts & Process Mapping - The Beginner's Guide
Learn how to use business analysis to model process flows via real-world examples & project-based hands-on activities...
The Complete Business Process Management (BPM) Master Class
10000+ enrollments Learn the Business Process Management methods used by the world's most successful organizations...
BPMN 2.0 Business Process Modelling for Business Analysts
Become a BPMN 2.0 Expert in 1 day. With this practical hands-on course you will learn proper Business Process Modelling...
Process Mining: Data science in Action
Process mining is the missing link between model-based process analysis and data-oriented analysis techniques. Through concrete data sets and easy to use software the course provides data science knowledge that can be applied directly to analyze and improve processes in a variety of domains. Data science is the profession of the future, because organizations that are unable to use (big) data in a smart way will not survive. It is not sufficient to focus on data storage and data analysis. The dat...
Process Capability Analysis
A Powerful Tool Set for Understanding your Manufacturing Process...
Data Science: Data Mining & Natural Language Processing in R
Harness the Power of Machine Learning in R for Data/Text Mining, & Natural Language Processing with Practical Examples...
Data Warehouse Development Process
Specific aspects of Data Warehouse Development Process...
Plan the Project as a Business Analyst
Increase your value as a Business Analyst by learning how to plan projects successfully without a Project Manager...
Practical SQL Bootcamp for Data Analysts and Data Scientists
Master One of the Most In-Demand Skills for Data Analysts in 2020!...
BPMN for business analysts
Learn the best practices of process modeling and analysis with Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN 2.0) standard...
Complete neural signal processing and analysis: Zero to hero
Learn signal processing and statistics using brain electrical data with expert instruction and code challenges in MATLAB...
Business Process Modeling A-Z: Learn BPMN 2.0 From Scratch
A-Z Guide To BPMN: Create Your First BMP Models. Business Process Modelling Beginner To Advanced. Sequence Flow, Gateway...
Business Analysis: Working with Use Cases
An introductory course on use case modeling for Business Analysts or those looking to transition into a BA role...
Most Common Skills For Process Analysts
|Rank||Process Analyst Skill||Percentage of Process Analysts|
|22||Key Performance Indicators||1.8%|
|28||Subject Matter Experts||1.5%|
What skills does a process analyst need? ›
They are required to be good with great interpersonal and communication skills, report writing abilities, an aptitude for analyzing data, and great business acumen. They need to be able to evaluate employee needs, internal workflows and business processes.How do you answer what are your technical skills? ›
Some specific examples of technical skills might include:
- Programming languages.
- Common operating systems.
- Software proficiency.
- Technical writing.
- Project management.
- Data analysis.
Process Analyst job profile
Process Analyst is an IT professional specialized in analyzing business processes and workflows with the objective of finding out how they can be improved or automated.
Generally speaking, individuals in this profession begin by earning a bachelor's in business management or another relevant business degree. After graduating, some students immediately seek out entry-level positions, while others move onto advanced business degree programs.What are business process skills? ›
As outlined in the BPMInstitute.org article What is BPM Anyway, BPM is a management discipline used to improve and manage business processes, and includes the use of skills such as process discovery, process mapping and modeling, metrics, key performance indicators (KPI), collaboration, decision-making and process ...How do I say my skills in an interview? ›
Personal skills, such as being positive and responsible, learning quickly and working safely. Teamwork skills, such as working well with others, and helping your team with their projects and tasks. Fundamental skills, such as communicating well, managing information, using numbers, and solving problems.How do I talk about my skills in an interview? ›
The best way to highlight your skills is to provide examples. By talking about how you used your skills, you'll show the hiring manager how you can fit into the role you're interviewing for. Rather than bragging or boasting about your skills, describing how you used your them will do the talking for you.What is a quality process analyst? ›
The Certified Quality Process Analyst is a paraprofessional who, in support of and under the direction of quality engineers or supervisors, analyzes and solves quality problems and is involved in quality improvement projects.What do you mean by Process Analysis? ›
Process analysis is a form of technical writing and expository writing "designed to convey to the reader how a change takes place through a series of stages".
What is a requirements analyst? ›
A requirements analyst determines the needs of a project, acting as a liaison between managers, stakeholders, and software development teams.Is process analyst and business analyst same? ›
Business analysts mainly work on the analysis part of the business processes whereas business process analysts work more on the operational part of business processes.Is a business process analyst a good career? ›
Yes, business process analyst is a good career.
Like many careers in tech, becoming a business process analyst is a good career move because it has significant potential for growth and high salaries. One of the top reasons to start a career as a business process analyst is the opportunity to work in almost any field.
Data Processing Analysts are responsible for analyzing and maintaining the data systems of an organization. Their duties include interpreting data, analyzing statistical results, creating databases, identifying patterns from data sets, and undertake data filtering.What is process Specialist? ›
The Process Specialist/Team Lead supervises a team of technicians to support the manufacturing processes which may include engine build, machining, quality control and Non-Destructive Testing or NDT (Level 2). He/She is also required to investigate process failure and proposes appropriate remedial actions.What is a process improvement analyst? ›
A process improvement analyst specializes in performing research and analysis to determine the strengths and weaknesses of a company's operations and procedures, recommending changes for optimal performance.Who is process associate? ›
Process associates monitor and improve production processes for manufacturing companies. In this role, they assess the effectiveness of existing process systems, maintain process equipment, detect material and machine defects, assess overall production quality, and compile process reports.What are strong process improvement skills? ›
Process improvement skills refer to the ability to adopt a systematic approach in order to identify, analyze, and bring about improvement in the existing business processes for the purpose of optimization and meeting new quotas or quality standards.How do you manage a process? ›
- Create ownership. Once you establish or optimize processes, it's important to create a process owner. ...
- Build a culture of continuous improvement. ...
- Standardize repeated processes. ...
- Optimization before automation. ...
- Value performance over perfection.
BPM enables organizations to align business functions with customer needs, and helps executives determine how to deploy, monitor and measure company resources. When properly executed, BPM has the ability to enhance efficiency and productivity, reduce costs, and minimize errors and risk – thereby optimizing results.
What is your strength best answer? ›
You can say that your greatest strength is: Creativity. Originality. Open-mindedness.How do you describe your skills? ›
Compare your skills to what employers want
Assess your ability in each skill as accurately as you can. Ask yourself if you have used this skill a little or a lot. For each skill, write a sentence showing how you've used that skill. Then write a sentence showing how you could use that skill in the job you would like.
What employers are looking for:
|Analytical skills||Hard skills (defined by the job description)|
|Communication skills||Soft skills (such as public speaking)|
|Ability to work in a team|
|education||administrative||accounting & finance|
|Ability to Work in a Team||Customer Service||Customer Service|
|Communication Skills||Multitasking Skills||Leadership|
|Fast Learner||Excellent Communication Skills||Communication Skills|
|Strong Organizational Skills||Microsoft Office||Adaptability|
Show that you have skills and experience to do the job and deliver great results. You never know what other candidates offer to the company. But you know you: emphasize your key skills, strengths, talents, work experience, and professional achievements that are fundamental to getting great things done on this position.What will you bring to the team? ›
Express your enthusiasm for working in teams
Express your enthusiasm for working as part of a team to show an employer that you're a dedicated and motivated team player. As you connect your experience and skills to previous jobs, describe what you liked about working with your team.
Business analysts mainly work on the analysis part of the business processes whereas business process analysts work more on the operational part of business processes.What do you mean by Process Analysis? ›
Process analysis is a form of technical writing and expository writing "designed to convey to the reader how a change takes place through a series of stages".What does a senior process analyst do? ›
A senior process analyst is responsible for providing process analysis services to an organization's business partners. You will collaborate with business units to better understand the customer's business strategy, services, processes, and roadmap.What is data processing analyst? ›
Data Processing Analysts are responsible for analyzing and maintaining the data systems of an organization. Their duties include interpreting data, analyzing statistical results, creating databases, identifying patterns from data sets, and undertake data filtering.
What is business process specialist? ›
The Business Process Specialist (BPS) / Business Process Consultant is a liaison to the individual business areas within the organization, evaluating, planning, and implementing improvements in business processes and practices.Does business analyst require technical skills? ›
Technical skills are important for business analysts because they provide the tools analysts need to identify and address issues and create solutions. Business analysts seek to improve processes for departments or entire organizations by analyzing existing policies and systems and making recommendations.What are the two types of process analysis? ›
There are two types of process analysis: informative and directive. In a directive how-to, you are instructing your readers to follow certain steps. This often involves addressing the reader directly with the imperative verb tense.What are process analysis tools? ›
Business process analysis tools are primarily intended for use by business end users looking to document, analyze and streamline complex processes, thereby improving productivity, increasing quality, and becoming more agile and effective.What is an example of process analysis? ›
Process analysis = sequence of related events to excplain how things work/ how things happen. Directive process analysis = how to do something step-by-step; directions for completing work (to make something). Examples: recipes, model kits, sewing patterns, etc.What is the difference between analyst and senior analyst? ›
Junior analysts work on requests in isolation and don't go beyond the scope of the request to identify how it relates to the big picture. Senior analysts ask more probing questions to get at the crux of the problem and provide the best solution.Is a process an engineer? ›
A process engineer is an expert in the equipment, systems and methods used in a manufacturing facility to transform raw materials into a final product form. They are responsible for the smooth operation of production facilities, plants and factories, and often requires a mix of academic and administrative skills.What are two important first steps in data analysis? ›
The first step is to collect the data through primary or secondary research. The next step is to make an inference about the collected data. The third step in this case will involve SWOT Analysis. SWOT Analysis stands for Strength, Weakness, Opportunity and Threat of the data under study.How do you Analyse data? ›
Step 1: Define your goals. Step 2: Decide how to measure goals. Step 3: Collect your data. Step 4: Analyze your data.How can I be a good data analyst? ›
- Be able to tell a story, but keep it Simple. ...
- Pay attention to Detail. ...
- Be Commercially Savvy. ...
- Be Creative with Data. ...
- Be a People Person. ...
- Keep Learning new Tools and Skills. ...
- Don't be Afraid to make Mistakes, Learn from Them. ...
- Know when to Stop.